Friday, October 14, 2011

A Caring Community

What a great day of Pink here at Lakeland High School. To support Breast Cancer Awareness Month, students and staff work pink to school and will be wearing pink to tonights football game. It is great when the LHS community comes together for a cause such as Breast Cancer Awareness.

I would also like to share a couple comments from some staff today about things going on in our classrooms and buildings:

From Mrs. Amann:

Students have awakened their Spanish minds from the summer break. I have had a couple of Spanish 1 students tell me that they recognized a word in a Spanish portion of a pop song and knew its meaning.

I had two Spanish 3 students tell me that they texted in Spanish to each other for over an hour.

My Spanish 4 students are starting to joke/be sarcastic in Spanish. It seems even more comical in Spanish than it would in English.

Other... Mrs. Russel's Spanish 2 students wrote letters to my Spanish 4 students and they replied to them in Spanish. It was a great way to connect students.

From school social worker Nicole Grabow:

I walked in this morning (Friday 10/14) and Lori K. said that Venus, food service director, had made up a fruit basket for us. On the basket was a note saying have a great day. I think little things like that from one person to another (or group) helps you realize that others care about you. Ultimately your mood increases and maybe in turn, will do something positive for someone else.

From Jeanine Roberto, office Para:

A freshman parent was just in to pick up his daughter. His unsolicited comment was that "he couldn't be happier" with how things were going at LHS.

This is a great community and we should all be proud. Have a great weekend and Go Eagles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment